Location: Remote or Hybrid in the United Kingdom, with access to our London (Paddington) and Oxford offices.
Travel: Occasional business travel is required, typically short stays within the UK or Europe.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, salary plus incentive
Climate Impact Partners, a leading provider of high-quality carbon credit programmes, are looking for a Senior Business Development Manager to join the Client Solutions team, with a focus on UK region business opportunities. As a Senior Business Development Manager at Climate Impact Partners you will make your mark, share your passion, and drive the market-based solutions needed to create a more sustainable world. You will maximize business opportunities by strategically leveraging the company’s unique capabilities as a provider of market-based environmental solutions. You're a communicator and translator between the unique capabilities of Climate Impact Partners and the needs of the marketplace. You are the face of Climate Impact Partners to its clients and prospects, including some of the most passionate leaders in sustainability. You are excited to have the chance to help leading companies achieve their sustainability goals and generate business value.
Commitments to climate action are increasing at an unprecedented rate among the Global F500, with carbon neutrality being the leading commitment delivering impact today. Climate Impact Partners offers a world-leading framework for carbon neutrality, used by leading organisations including Marks and Spencer, Sky, Microsoft and Logitech, and is looking for a driven leader to expand on this success.
As a Senior Business Development Manager in the UK, you will focus on three key areas:
- Strategic Business Development
- Identify and pursue opportunities across multiple market segments with companies seeking market-based environmental solutions.
- Consult with prospects, the majority of which have limited understanding of market-based instruments, to develop strategies, programmes and portfolios that generate enterprise business value. Move multiple prospects through a decision-making process in order to achieve revenue and profit goals.
- Work closely with project sourcing, technical, commercial, marketing, and senior management teams to develop sector specific strategies that will attract and secure clients.
- Strategic Client Development
- Work closely with client relationship managers to deepen relationships with existing companies, individuals and organisations interested in increasing and accelerating their climate action.
- Consult with clients to develop strategies, programmes and portfolios that build impact.
- Retain and strengthen our relationships with existing clients.
- Market Antennae
- Research and return the latest trends and opportunities to deliver climate impact through environmental markets.
Specific tasks will include:
- Developing effective sales strategies and commercial go-to market propositions to meet client demands
- Developing detailed plans that ensure effective delivery
- Delivering on revenue and margin targets
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with a preference for experience in technical, business, or sustainability field
- Enterprise-level commercial and sales experience
- Experience with developing and maintaining networks of relationships with decision-makers in strategic business opportunities
- Experience in managing complex projects and client relations
- Experience in using CRM software (we use Salesforce)
- Experience in global carbon and/or renewable energy markets and/or corporate sustainability is desirable but not a prerequisite.
- Capacity to excel in a fast-pace, high growth, technical environment
- Commercial acumen and problem-solving
- Critical and creative analytical skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think-on-your-feet and communicate spontaneously, clearly, and persuasively
- Ability to exercise sound judgment to prioritise work and handle multiple tasks
- Attention to detail; timely reporting and record-keeping.
- You will have an interest in corporate sustainability and understand the value of the private sector’s response to climate change
- Pragmatic with the ability to balance getting it right and getting it done, without compromising on integrity and ethical practices
- Proactive and accountable
- Collaborative attitude and comfort with team-working
- Strong work ethic, high level of energy, flexibility and sense of humor
- Strong interpersonal and inter-cultural skills
- An advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Hybrid working with access to London or Oxford office
- 25 days paid holiday
- Enhanced parental leave
- In-house Carbon Academy training programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Bonus scheme, subject to company and individual performance
- London: Modern, state of the art office in Paddington, London, which is dog friendly and includes showers, a mother's feeding room, a wellness room and barista coffee bar.
- Oxford: Open plan office on Magdalen Road, Oxford, which is a short distance from vibrant Cowley Road. The office offers free snacks or is in walking distance of a number of unique cafes.
- Join a 2022 Best for the World™ B Corp™, awarded in recognition of our exceptional positive impact on its customers
- Join a profit-for-purpose business that delivers results and impact
Climate Impact Partners is an equal opportunities employer. Our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce, that embraces our differences, and so all aspects of employment including the decision to hire and promote, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business need. We do not discriminate on the basis of characteristics protected under federal, state, or local law. To support this, all applications are anonymised until the interview stage which means that regardless of who has applied, your characteristics are totally anonymous.